Your Agreement With Us
Please read the information below very carefully and complete the agreement form. By submitting the agreement form, you are confirming that you have read and clearly understand our terms and conditions. Once you have submitted this for, you will be redirected to the Direct Debit set up page. If you have any questions, please call, email or speak with us on reception.
Term Dates & Lessons
We follow Liverpool City Council school term dates as follows:
Autumn Term 2019
- Starts: Monday 2nd September
- Ends: Friday 20th December
- Half Term: Monday 28th October to Friday 1st November
Spring Term 2020
- Starts: Monday 6th January
- Ends: Friday 3rd April
- Half term: Monday 17th to Friday 21st February
Summer Term 2020
- Starts: Monday 20th April
- Ends: Monday 20th July
- May Day: Monday 4th May
- Half Term: Monday 25th to Friday 29 May
Payment For Lessons
We deliver our services based on outstanding teaching, in a state of the art environment, employing stringent recruitment & safeguarding procedures.
- We deliver our services with no compromise, based on the highest quality teachers and stringent safe guarding policies, in line with our Ofsted registration. Lesson packages for the current year cost £57:50 per calendar month (new starters 2019 – 2020) for personalised one to one lessons with a qualified & DBS cleared music specialist.
- There is no long term commitment and lessons can be cancelled at any point with 4 weeks notice. Lesson fees are £15:00 per lesson and there is a charge of £8:50 per month to ensure that lessons are delivered by qualified, DBS cleared tutors. We provide regular safeguarding training to tutors and your lessons will take place in a state of the art teaching environment that prioritises the well being and safeguarding of children as a paramount consideration.
- Lessons are delivered over an 11 month period (the school year) but payment for lessons is spread over 12 months. This arrangement takes into account the fluctuations in lessons per month as in most months there are 4 lessons per month, with other months having 5 & 3 lessons etc. The overall cost is spread over the whole period by a regular Direct Debit arrangement. Due to high demand for our services, we do not accept one off / cash payments for lessons.
- If at any point, a student decides to discontinue lessons, a four lesson notice is served and the account is balanced, with refunds being issued where appropriate.
All communication regarding lessons, exams, dates, contracts etc. etc. will take place with management / reception staff and not individual teachers. We are launching an app for parents / students to perform a number of functions regarding all aspects relating to music lessons at Pulse.
Lesson Cancellation - Student Cancels
You Can’t Make A Lesson & You Notify Us 24 Hours Before Your Lesson Start Time:
- Your lesson will be banked and you will receive a link to re-book your missed lesson at one of our ‘Catch Up’ days.
- You will have TWO opportunities to rebook this lesson on our two scheduled ‘Catch Up’ days following the missed lesson date. If you cannot attend either of the two dates, the lesson will unfortunately be lost and cannot be delivered.
- Catch Up lessons that are booked and not attended will also be lost.
Lesson Cancellation - Pulse Cancels
What Happens If Pulse Cancels A Lesson?
There are occasions when we have to cancel lessons due to teacher absence or other unforeseen circumstances. In this instance, the following steps will occur:
- Your lesson will be banked
- You will receive a booking link upon receipt of our cancellation notification and can re-book the lesson at our next ‘Catch Up’ day
- If you cannot attend the upcoming ‘Catch Up’ day, you will continue to receive links form ourselves to re-book this lesson
- If you do not re-book this lesson, following four invitations to book, the lesson will unfortunately be lost
At Pulse we aim for maximum consistency of teachers, in the best interests of the learner. However, there are occasions, due to illness, family events, or for other reasons that a cover teacher will deliver your lesson. We have processes in place to ensure that continuity is achieved, with teachers recording the content of lessons following every lesson delivered at Pulse. We aim for a s little disruption to lessons as possible, but, as stated above, this can at times be unavoidable.
We take safeguarding very seriously and all teachers are DBS checked and cleared. We also operate a ‘Safer Recruitment Policy” to ensure we thoroughly vet all staff that work at The Music Place. Our premises and teaching spaces have been designed with safeguarding at the forefront – bright open spaces and glazed doors etc. We have an open house policy and parents can sit in on part / all or none of their child’s lessons.
If You Decide To Discontinue Lessons:
We require a 4 lesson notice if you decide to discontinue lessons.
- Please notify us if you decide to discontinue with lessons
- We will then inform you of when your final lesson will take place
- We will balance your account and provide you with a statement detailing
- The number of lessons delivered & the amount paid
Following the above process, we will request or make payment to the client, dependent whether there is a credit or debit on the account.
Check Out Our Special Offers & Claim Your Free Lesson Now!
Tel: 0151 724 2120
Address: 63 Booker Avenue, Mossley Hill, Liverpool, L18 4QZ