Your Agreement With Us
Please read the information below very carefully and complete the agreement form. By submitting the agreement form, you are confirming that you have read and clearly understand our terms and conditions. If you have any questions, please call, email or speak with us on reception.
Term Dates & Lessons
We follow Liverpool City Council school term dates as follows:
Autumn Term 2019
- Starts: Monday 2nd September
- Ends: Friday 20th December
- Half Term: Monday 28th October to Friday 1st November
Spring Term 2020
- Starts: Monday 6th January
- Ends: Friday 3rd April
- Half term: Monday 17th to Friday 21st February
Summer Term 2020
- Starts: Monday 20th April
- Ends: Monday 20th July
- May Day: Monday 4th May – moved to Friday 8th May.
- Half Term: Monday 25th to Friday 29 May
Payment For Lessons
- Existing students will continue with the same payment arrangement currently in place. We deliver our services with no compromise, based on the highest quality teachers and stringent safeguarding policies, in line with our Ofsted registration.Lessons in all subjects are delivered in one to three groups with a qualified & DBS cleared subject specialist.
- There is no long term commitment and lessons can be cancelled at any point with 4 weeks notice. This is important to note if your child is leaving the Education Place after 11plus, SATS or GCSES. We provide regular safeguarding training to tutors and lessons will take place in a state of the art teaching environment that prioritises the well being and safeguarding of children as a paramount consideration.
- Lessons are delivered over an 11 month period (the school year) but payment for lessons is spread over 12 months. This arrangement takes into account the fluctuations in lessons per month as in most months there are 4 lessons per month, with other months having 5 & 3 lessons etc. The overall cost is spread over the whole period by a regular Direct Debit arrangement. Due to high demand for our services, we do not accept one off / cash payments for lessons.
- If at any point, a student decides to discontinue lessons, a four lesson notice is served and the account is balanced, with refunds being issued where appropriate.
All communication regarding lessons, exams, dates, contracts etc. etc. will take place with management / reception staff and not individual teachers. We are launching an app for parents / students to perform a number of functions regarding all aspects relating to tuition at The Education Place.
Lesson Cancellation - Student Cancels
Lesson Cancellation - Pulse Cancels
What Happens If the Education Place cancels a Lesson?
There are occasions when we have to cancel lessons due to teacher absence or other unforeseen circumstances. In this instance, the following steps will occur:
- Your lesson will be banked.
- You will receive our cancellation notification as soon as possible.
- Once the session has been re-arranegd with we will contact you to book on to the session.
At Pulse we aim for maximum consistency of teachers, in the best interests of the learner. However, there are occasions, due to illness, family events, or for other reasons that a cover teacher will deliver your lesson. We have processes in place to ensure that continuity is achieved, with teachers recording the content of lessons following every lesson delivered at Pulse. We aim for a s little disruption to lessons as possible, but, as stated above, this can at times be unavoidable.
We take safeguarding very seriously and all teachers are DBS checked and cleared. We also operate a ‘Safer Recruitment Policy” to ensure we thoroughly vet all staff that work at The Music Place. Our premises and teaching spaces have been designed with safeguarding at the forefront – bright open spaces and glazed doors etc. We have an open house policy and parents can sit in on part / all or none of their child’s lessons.
If You Decide To Discontinue Lessons:
We require a 4 lesson notice if you decide to discontinue lessons.
- Please notify us if you decide to discontinue with lessons
- We will then inform you of when your final lesson will take place
- We will balance your account and provide you with a statement detailing
- The number of lessons delivered & the amount paid
Following the above process, we will request or make payment to the client, dependent whether there is a credit or debit on the account.
Tel: 0151 724 2120
Address: 63 Booker Avenue, Mossley Hill, Liverpool, L18 4QZ